While we’re on the topic of eating and living green and healthy, have you considered the others things that you’re putting into your body? What about the actual air you breathe? Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it is actually clean!
Recently I was totally shocked when we were cleaning our home and my husband removed the air filter from our furnace and saw how dirty it was. There were literally bugs and dust blocking it entirely. We then grabbed a flashlight and looked into our vents and saw how that dust was everywhere!
There’s a very good blog post about this here:
To summarize the top 5 duct issues they are:
- Leaky vents, which can raise the cost of heating and cooling your home because of lost air in the ducts.
- Dirty ducts, which can irritate allergies and spread smells throughout the house.
- Restricted air flow, which can actually cause your furnace blower to burn out as well as cost you more money because the air flow of hot or cold air is not getting throughout your house efficiently.
- Inefficiency, like mentioned above this will cost you and not allow your home to be at the proper temperature.
- Poor Design. This is also like inefficiency. With a poorly designed duct system with unnecessary bends and corners can further reduce the efficiency of your HVAC.
So this spring think about eating clean and being healthy in your home by getting your air ducts cleaned.